Saturday, August 18, 2012

Training With Kettlebells

A few weeks ago I started working with "Navy SEAL Kettlebells" by Rich Graham of Trident Fitness. Starting from the basics in the 'Level 1' disc I have been working on building a strong foundation of skills to work with the kettlebells in the most effective and safest way.



I was looking for a good starting system that would carry me through the learning curve of using kettlebells. I had seen some of Mr. Graham's instruction on Facebook and YouTube. I was confident that there would be a safe, effective system based on a "crawl, walk, run" foundation.  This is a prime reason I decided to use this program.

When I started, I just watched the disc through the first time to get an idea of what was going on. After that I went through with a very light kettlebell, trying to get all my actions precise. I am a few weeks in now and I am gaining confidence and noticing some real benefits. I came to this series as a way to add some variety to my workouts. As many of you know, fitness is a part of my normal life, and as such I'm always looking for something new and fresh to challenge me. I feel that always adding new things keeps me motivated and makes fitness exciting, not a boring chore. Before I came to start working with this program I probably was in the best shape I've been in in 20 years. Now I'm even better!

Don't be discouraged if you are new, or have let your fitness falter some. A quick chat with your doctor, searching out some solid, safe and appropriate training, and then, for want of a better slogan, just do it! You'll be very glad you did!

Now it's time to move on to the next disc in the "Navy SEAL Kettlebells" series. I'm very excited about this and I'll keep you all posted! Until then, stay safe and be well!

-Chuck W.

To learn more about "Navy SEAL Kelllebells" visit www.tridentfitness.net

No comments:

Post a Comment